“Couple of weeks I’ll be bendy like Madonna, darling. Then I’ll be able to kiss my own arse from both directions.” - Edina Monsoon
Well sweetie darlings!!! It’s only three sleeps till I get to see a preview of the much anticipated Ab Fab movie! Partners in fashion crime Patsy Stone and Edina Monsoon are back with a new instalment of their fabulous fashionable lives, and they are bringing the best of the global fashion industry icons with them for the ride. Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley are here for the red carpet movie event, and if I can grab a shot with these icons either alcoholic or polaroid it will be a big tick off my bucket list!
I’ve been having a laugh remembering some of those ridiculous fashion moments and humorous storylines that went hand in hand with the 90s show, and like any great series I can watch over and over again and never grow bored of their antics. I don’t think it would be an exaggeration to say I must have watched every Ab Fab episode at least twenty or thirty times!
In a few months a good friend is getting married and her hens’ night is an ode to Ab Fab. We all have to come dressed as a character from the series, visit a winery and then who knows from there… so I’ve been doing quite a bit of research to figure out which fantastically over the top looks I might want to give a try.
I’ve put together my Top 5 fashion moments from the series to narrow down the million outfit choices on offer!!
1. Edina wearing 90s Pucci jumpsuit and pink fur, with Patsy actually looking bang on trend in her fringed wrap skirt and denim ensemble.
2. Glamour from the snow! Fashion from their infamous ski trip to Val-d’sere when Eddie fell off a cliff!
3. Edina’s 90s cropped boiler tracksuit and Patsy’s snakeskin suit are to die for!!
4. I just love the statement coat Eddie wears with boho bag to boot, and the gold jacket with orange on Patsy is proper 90s style.
5. The denim look suit in Patsy and the loud athleisure look Eddie puts together are truly inspired and way ahead of their time!!
Are you feeling you want to channel a little Ab Fab this week? At aceyacey.com.au
we have many designer pieces from the 90s or inspired by, that will have you looking like a style icon whist the mad duo are in town for the premier! For the next few weeks in honour of the movie we’re offering free express shipping on all domestic orders with the code FREESWEETIE, just apply at checkout! Here’s a few fav’s we think you’ll just love darlings!!